Monday, June 4, 2012

lower Pinch In 6/4/2012

Date of work: 6/4/2012
Number of workers: 1 Jim de Friess
time spent: 9.5 hours includes commute
Work done:  Hiked to the bottom of Pinch In, cut two tree trunks across the trail on the lower part, and then clipped the trail heading up the hill.  I clipped to 4' wide in most places and was pleased that there were actually a couple places on the lower part where there is tree canopy over the trail.  The lower parts also had some ripe blueberries of which I partook.

I lost track of time and was out there longer than I thought.  I had hoped to get all the way back up the trail clipping, but then decided Falcon rock was the goal.  I ran out of clipping gas about 200' below falcon rock.  The rest of my energy was for walking out.  Found one tick on me.

May try to finish the trail Wednesday.  It was a good day in the woods.  No pictures- but it did happen.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment