Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pine Gap -May 29, 2012

Date of work: May 29, 2012
number of workers: 1 Jim de Friess
Time spent: 6 hours includes commute

Work accomplished:  I initially was going to look at camping near the river off Pine Gap.  When I got there the trees weren't really suitable for hammocks, and there wasn't much wood from over camping.  So I went to the log where confusion used to happen and clipped to the south.  The trail south of the log is obvious, and the side routes to the river are definitely thinner.  I clipped very thoroughly for about 200 yards ascending the hill to the south.  At that point I decided to head back to the truck.  There was a tree across the trail, and a spring running down the trail.  I gave the spring a route directly across the trail, hopefully it will last a while.  I lightly clipped as I headed North.  The branches across the trail that had to be ducked under but too big in diameter to cut with my clippers I tried to reduce the bush to one branch to duck for.  I chopped the tree across the trail, it could be straddled, now its a step over.  Made it back to the truck as heavier rain picked up.  Took Kistler South through the fog.

I think I may do more day trips and clipping instead of looking to camp.  It was a great day in the woods  

No comments:

Post a Comment