Saturday, July 3, 2010

Upper Conley blockage cleared

I arrived at Old Conley at around 8 am and hiked down to the double blockage of Conley, just below the intersection with RJ. Upon reflection, there were 11 different tree trunks across the trail from the ice storm, some effectively had crossed/closed the trail twice since it was at a switchback.

I started cutting the largest trunks on the uphill side. I got two cuts on the top tree of the first blockage, and had started the bigger trunk below on the uphill side when Ken called out "save some for us". I replied "there is all you want", and he and Michael then showed up.

Over the next two hours the three of us then chipped away at the blockages. It is always good to work with Ken and Michael, and we had a good time. Resting and talking as needed. When we were finished, there were no tree trunks across the trail in that area. Ken cut two more further down the trail that were in sight.

I don't know how Michael and Ken felt, I had a family obligation to go to, but I was sore the rest of the day. It felt good to get that section of trail cleared, and maybe it was a little more than we thought it would be, but its done.

I worked three hours and had two for commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment