Sunday, July 19, 2009

RockJock trailwork 7/19/2009

Date of work: 7/19/2009
Number of workers : 2 - Jim de Friess and Jared de Friess
time spent: about 5 hours each (including commute)
Work done: clipped back growth along RJ.

We hiked in from the North to where I quit Thursday and started clipping
to the south. In about 100 yards Michael and Ken popped around the
corner. Michael then proceeded North while Jared and I worked with Ken
on the trail corridor in Moonshine canyon.

ROCKJOCK has been clipped all the way through- spread the word.

Since it is so hard to get to we made sure we clipped wide. Ken had
been going all day so after about one hours work he was ready to go
visit Michael. We went with him.

It took us an hour to get to the trail head, an hour to hike into
Moonshine, an hours work, then two hours out.

On the way out we took a side trip (which I'm not counting as work
time). We went out toward Razor's edge. I saw the exact spot that I
fell at last year. The activity in the area now bypasses that spot.
I'll have to visit again when the leaves fall off the trees.

We then hiked out, I pointed out to Ken two places the trail needs a
minimal reroute (within its corridor) to avoid steep slippery hills. It
looks like it was flagged and built to avoid brush, but now that it
exists two tweaks are in order. He concurred.

I gave Ken a ride to his truck at the south entrance of RJ.

It was a good day in the woods.

Jim d

No comments:

Post a Comment