Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15, 2009 upper Pinchin

Date of work: 10-15-2009
number of workers: 1 Jim deFriess
time spent:5.5 hours - includes commute
Work accomplished: I hiked down to Falcon rock and worked the trail up
from there. I focused on waterbars, and getting water off the trail as
fast as possible. I also widened a little the trail in places.

I worked up to the point where some people cross Pinchin on what they
like to call Rockjock. Did a few waterbars above that, and then hiked
out.

Part of that section is the low spot and a natural drainage. I built a
few waterbars to get water off the trail, but if the volume is enough it
will come back on further downhill. Hopefully some will soak in off the
trail. I need to bring the trail just up hill on the north side of the
way it exists now, and then provide escape paths for water back to the
low spot.

It was very foggy, I took two pics, all they show is fog. A hunter
walked by, he was letting his dogs run up the gorge, and went down
Pinchin to try and cut them off. Trucks with dog cages were plentiful.

The temp was perfect, the rain was gentle, another great day in the
woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment