Wednesday, April 3, 2013

LGT South and PI

Date of work: April 2 and 3
Number of workers: 1 Jim de Friess
time spent: 18 hours - includes commute

Worked Pinch In a little on the way in, clearing obstructions, building a few waterbars.  Once on LGT south I cleared obstructions to Blue hole (that I could).  The exception being the recent downfall just south of daffodil flats (DF).  There I cut in a path around the obstruction- where it appeared traffic was already going.

Once at Blue hole I put away the pulaski in favor of loppers to clip the trail corridor slightly wider.  Some of the rhodo caves need the ceiling raised in places, one would need a saw for that, I didn't have one.  Made it DF camped just above the nice beach there.

The next day I clipped back to PI and started my ascent.  Its better to work PI on the way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment