Friday, March 30, 2012

LGT North of Conley 3-30-2012

Date of work: 3/30/2012
Number of workers: 1 - Jim de Friess
Time spent: 6.5 hours- includes commute
Work done:  Pulaski work on the Linville gorge trail between Conley Cove and Spence Ridge.  There are multiple blockages along a small section.  Some were removed others were routed around.  Its much easier to get through that area now.

Pictures at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110028009052849072738/March302012LGT

Video at:

http://youtu.be/NHUQEV0Zi7U


three hikers passed me while I was working.  Met three more on the way out on lower Conley Cove, then two more about 2/3rds of the way up.  Found a group of three in Cowboy hotel (cave on left after foot bridge), one had turned his ankle, and they decided to stay overnight there.  Met their fourth when I was almost to RJ turn.  Told him coming out to Old Conley might be shorter if his ankle wasn't better.

4 comments:

  1. hi, jim. i am a college student from morganton. i love the gorge and love studying the wilderness from a scientific perspective. if you ever need any help just let me know. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds great there is plenty to do, email me, and I'll try and keep you informed as to when and where I might go next. Most of my trips aren't planned too far in advance though.

      Delete
    2. sounds awesome, sir. what is your email address?

      Delete