Sunday, December 11, 2011

Upper Pinch In - Dec. 11, 2011

Date of work: Dec 11, 2011
Number of workers: 2 Jim and Terri de Friess
Time spent : 9 hours

Work done: My wife and I went out to Pinch In and walked down to the cliff area.  Several more trees had fallen since the Thanksgiving weekend trip when I had been there last.  I was able to chop the higher ones and either remove them, or reduce them to step overs.  I also cleaned and re-established some waterbars.  Terri clipped while I chopped.

At the cliffs we took a break (briefly).  There was enough wind and the temps were in the 40s, so getting cooled off quickly happened.

Then I put the pulaski on my pack and took out shears, and we clipped the trail on the way out.

Upper PI is in decent shape.  I always have thoughts of what can be done better, but who doesn't?

It was a great day in the woods with great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment