Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wolfpit toward Shortoff

http://picasaweb.google.com/jdefriess/ShortoffWork1024#

Pictures at this link, I captioned them.

Date of work: 10 -24- 2010
Number of workers: 1 Jim de Friess
Time spent: 6 hours (includes commute)
Work done:  Continued up the trail from Wolfpit toward Shortoff.  This involved lopping a section and removing the debris, putting in waterbars when and where I could- some just required cleaning out, and then finishing it off with shears.

Some of the debris sticking over the trail was dry (bone dry) and I removed it to the down hill side in most cases.  Then passed some smokers on my way out.  I hope they aren't careless with their butts.  May I make a suggestion that signs be posted reminding people to be careful with fire at trail heads.

I was passed by 5 children less than 4' tall, so I'm glad 'm doing this section.  Number of adults: about 12, a very popular trail.

Another good day in the gorge.

No comments:

Post a Comment